Owners and Investors
Thank you for chosing DLP Realty
Now that your management account has been set up with us, this page will serve as a great source of information and go over what to expect.
Owner Statements Portal
The first thing to go over is that our books are closed on the 15th of every month. Within 5-7 business days, you will receive an email letting you know that your newest statement is available, and any profits will be directly deposited in a bank of your choice, or a paper check is cut if that is what you chose when you signed up.
Within a few days of your management account being set up, you will receive an email with instructions on how to create an account to login to your Owner Portal. If you've not received this email, please email Angela at AWalker@dlprealty.com
Introduction to "Team DLP"
Our company is departmentalized to assist you better. If you have a question about the management process, CLICK HERE to meet our team, and learn who handles what facet of the process.
We Value Your Feedback
Has turning over your properties to us given you peace of mind? LET US KNOW! If you've become unhappy for whatever reason, please LET US KNOW, as this gives us the opportunity to address your concerns and improve our service.
- Why should I use a professional to manage my home?
- Can I choose to disallow pets, smokers, large families, etc.?
- Do you provide me with a report of activity on my property?
- How long can I expect my property to turn over once it's vacant?
- How do I add more properties to my agreement?
While the reasons our clients choose professional management vary, here are some of the key reasons many people elect professional management over self-management:
- We handle maintenance and emergency repairs, allowing you to sleep at night.
- We enforce collection of rents and serve the proper notices upon failure to pay.
- We understand and apply the correct federal, state, and local laws, keeping you and your investment out of trouble.
- We know the local market, have an extensive network of contacts, and have advertising resources available to us at discounted rates. This allows us to effectively market your vacant home to prospective residents to get it filled.
- After you add up the increased rent we can often command, the discounts you'll receive on advertising, and the company rate we get on repairs, you'll often make more money than if you managed the property yourself!
We comply fully with the Fair Housing Act. This means that you can not choose to disallow anyone that is a member of a protected class under the act. You can choose to disallow pets and not permit smoking in your home, but you cannot deny a service animal. If you have additional questions on the specifics of the Fair Housing Act, please see our fair housing page.
Yes, we will provide you a monthly report of rent and other income received, and maintenance, repairs, and other expenses incurred. Our books are closed on the 15th of every month, and you will receive an email that your statement is ready 5-7 business days after the closing. If you have questions regarding your statement, please do not hesitate to contact us.
If your property is turned in to us in "rent-ready" condition, then we can begin advertising and showing the property right away. If you are turning a vacant property over to us for management, please take a moment to read the PROPERLY CLEANED ADDENDUM, which is what we give our tenants to ensure they give the property back to us in the same condition in which it was rented to them.
If the property was turned into us in less than rent-ready form, our in-house maintenance team will turn it as quickly as possible, and then turn it over to our leasing agent to market and show. At that point our leasing agent keeps an eye on how much feedback and how many showings that are recorded for this property, and adjusts her marketing accordingly to rent the property out as quickly as possible.
If you're looking to purchase a new property, one of our great sales team members can assist you. CONTACT the sales department or call 386-677-3913.
If you've already purchased the property you'd like to add, please call Property Manager Cheryl Craig at 386-267-5343 or email her at CCraig@dlprealty.com In most cases adding a new property only requires a few initials on the original agreement and proof of liability on the new property.